Wednesday, January 25, 2006

should I blow off my date tonight?

I am going back and forth, back and forth. I am supposed to have drinks with a guy I went to college with who has always held a candle for me and now that M. and I are no longer, he wanted to take me out. I have vague, fond memories of him and wouldn't really mind having some free drinks. Literally when I agreed to go out with him, though, he texted me things like..."Wednesday is great, if I can wait that long" and "I am so excited!" I mean, come on. Even if that were the case, I would never in a million YEARS ever say that to anyone I wanted to see again!

Anyway, I need a new crop of men. Speaking of dating, though, I have been meeting various girls at events and stuff and making "girl dates." I mean, guys network all the time and go out for beers after work and such so I figured I'd make a concerted effort to meet girls, go out and build up more contacts...and pick up men. Midtown steakhouses, here we come!

Meanwhile, I called tonight's date and made some sort of feeble excuse why I "might" be busy and he told me he is happy to be "on call." Stay tuned for the sordid details....(yeah right).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home